Wednesday, May 28, 2008

BBQ Dry Rub


We make tenderloin a bit too often. It's just so easy when you don't want to cook but you want something good an healthy to eat at home. I've got two recipes that I've been using lately and this is one of 'em (the other uses bread crumbs or Panko and I haven't taken a picture but I will next time I make it). I like to make a sweet potato* and roasted cauliflower with this tenderloin because you can pretty much prep everything and stick it all in the oven at the same time. And, it's delicious.

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons of white sugar
2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
1 teaspoon and 1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoon paprika

Directions:
Mix everything together, rub onto pork 10 minutes prior to grilling (or baking). That's it!

I preheat the oven to 350 degrees and let it bake for 20 - 25 minutes then check it for pinkness. I finally got a kitchen thermometer but it doesn't work well for me. Usually I just look at the color and make sure it's not too pink and the juices run clear.

*For the sweet potato I just clean it, poke it with holes using a fork, microwave it wrapped in a damp paper towel for 8 - 10 minutes and then just put in the oven around the same time as the pork. I put it straight on the rack and hope to remember to put a pan below it in case it leaks.

No comments: